It’s been entirely too long since we’ve made the rounds and checked in on shops around the state, so let’s remedy that. Starting with Fahlgren Mortine in Boise.
In July of 2016, David Jenson joined Fahlgren Mortine in their Boise office as managing director and senior vice president. He was previously a co-founder of Allan & Jenson, a marketing research and strategy consulting firm with offices in Boise and Los Angeles. Jenson is a familiar face around Boise, serving as Oliver Russell’s managing director from 2007 to 2012.
At the same time, Shea Andersen was also promoted to a vice president role in the Boise office. In the two years since joining the company, Anderson has been influential in the growth of the business through new and existing client relationships, as well as development and mentorship of the Boise team.
From here we fast forward to October, when senior account executive Sophie Sestero was named BYP Young Professional of the Year.
Then, in December, Sestero was also named one of the Idaho Business Review’s 2017 Women of the Year. She, along with 49 other finalists, will be recognized at a reception, dinner and awards gala at the Boise Centre in March, where one of the 50 will be honored as the Idaho Business Review Woman of the Year.
We’ll catch up with others as time allows.
As 2017 kicks off in earnest, we’ve already seen at least one change on the marketing and communications front here in Idaho. On January 1st, the Gallatin Public Affairs office in Idaho was acquired by Portman Square Group.
Portman Square Group is led by Emily Baker, who was previously Managing Partner of Gallatin’s Boise office.
Oliver Russell in Boise is looking to add an Account Coordinator to their team. From the job listing on their website:
We’re on the hunt for an Account Coordinator to join our team and to provide a necessary conduit between the account group and the rest of the agency. Along with having a passion for all things creative, we expect you to have an outgoing, motivated personality and be willing to bring your unique style to the table.
You will have a hand in the following:
- Managing the day-to-day account relationship with clients
- Developing and managing production schedules and estimates for client projects
- Gathering and assembling background information for strategic planning, creative brief development, etc.
- Providing logistical support for meetings
- Trafficking projects between account and creative teams
- Proofreading copy and artwork
- Compiling and relaying client feedback to the creative team
- Participating in and documenting discussions during client meetings and conference calls
Full details and how to apply can be found on their website.
Curious Media in Nampa is looking for a Project Manager to join their team. From the job listing recently posted on craigslist:
Curious Media is seeking a motivated and energetic Project Manager, who takes initiative, is detail-oriented, and takes pride in their work. This is a full time position, requiring normal office hours at our Nampa, Idaho location.
- Manage projects from start to finish, including the following phases: project kickoff, wireframes, design, development, and final delivery
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Manage changes to project scope and schedule
- Carefully track project progress to ensure deadlines will be met successfully
- Work with various teams to provide consideration to design and technical questions
- Coordinate resources for execution of projects
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients
- Create project proposals based on RFPs received from
- Follow established protocols
- Previous project management experience, in a related field
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications, both internally and with client interactions
- Strong organizational skills
- Well-developed time management skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Immersed and well versed in technology
- Genuine interest in games/gaming
- Previous project management experience in a similar field (required)
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Project Management or a related field (preferred)
- Experience managing projects for web games, apps or other digital media content (preferred)
See the original job listing for the full details and how to apply.
Our friends over at Drake Cooper have a few positions open, including:
Digital Project Manager
Interactive Designer (Contract)
Also, they’re still on the hunt for a media buyer to join their team.
Full details and how to apply can be found in the respective job descriptions.